Wednesday 6 April 2011

This Is How The Education Goes in My Country

I feel it, as a student in my country. The quality of our education is very low. At school, we (high school students) start our class from 06.30 AM in the morning (sharp) till 15.15 PM in the afternoon. Crazy, isn't it?

Perhaps, people think that studying NINE HOURS a day can make them smart, but the fact is quite the opposite. In my opinion, it's because our nine-hour study only teaches us little. Well, I can say that the students and teachers here are "scores-orientated".

Why can I say that?

Because, no one is truly dedicated for studying or teaching.

Some teachers are ignorant. They're too lazy to teach or answer the student's questions. They make excuses, like "I'm too tired, I've explained it. Just find your own way to understand it!". Some teachers still use traditional teaching method. They talk, the students listen. We don't discuss. Some teachers let the class noisy.
But for me personally, the main problem that teachers of my country have is their passion of being a teacher. A passion that a teacher should have and always keep in mind! That is, to make the students UNDERSTAND what they didn't.

In the other side, the students are also careless of their own education. Some students are noisy in class, they don't listen to what the teachers explain. Most of the students in my country don't study again at home after school. Even though at school they don't actually study seriously. So the lessons they don't understand are accumulating.

When the examination is coming up, they start to study ONE day before the exam. They collect problem sets that has a high probability of showing up on the exams. Even sometimes, the teachers deliberately give the students the problem sets which actually IS the Exam questions. (In short, the teachers teach the student to have good scores without studying hard. Because if the students got bad scores on their lecture, they'll be blamed).

Ironically, even after the students have had those exam questions, some of the them still cheat on the test. I can swear that 90% of all students in my country cheat on their test. Every school, even the GREATEST or PRESTIGIOUS school can't keep their school clean from cheaters. That's what make me feel so sad.


So readers, it all comes back to our "life orientation". If you only want money, you want "fake" happiness, keep on going the things that I said! But, If you want to make yourself SATISFY of your own hard work and feel the real happiness, do all these things full-heartedly. And change your own direction, that YOU want a USEFUL knowledge not only GOOD SCORES.

WEll, that's all.. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I'm just trying to open everyone's hearts. And right now I'm really really upset. But actually, I'm getting used to this feeling. I appreciate your comments. :)

6 comments:

  1. hmm ada juga guru yg ngobjek jd guru les

    ReplyDelete
  2. iya bener banget.. jadi seneng kalo muridnya bingung hikshiks

    baru ngajar yang bener pas di bimbel, kalo gitu, mending sekolah bikin bimbel aja, kalo gitu, ngapain kita sekolahh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. liebe this! oh one more thing, some students are CV oriented too wkwkwk
    OH and what country has the better education system?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhaha kayak elu rhes, CV oriented. uuppsss

    hmm.. I don't know, which country do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Permasalahannya banyak, dari pembuat kebijakan yang kurang kompeten, kurang peduli, yang lebih sedihnya pelaksana kebijakan juga beberapa ada yg seperti itu sih, hahaha.

    Yah nikmatin aja lah, walau semua orang di dunia nista, ga berarti kita ikut nista kan. Lagipula di sekoalah banyak banget ilmu yg ada, tinggal nyarinya gimana, pasrah aja, atau berjuang lebih keras mencari yg lebih. well, life skill and experience is too valuable to be missed

    ReplyDelete
  6. iya sih,, ilmu itu ada dimana-mana. tinggal gimana kita nyarinya aja..
    thx commentnya! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments